At Hamilton, Wilson & Hendrickson Orthodontics, we aim to provide the highest level of orthodontic care for all our patients in and around Topeka and Lawrence, KS. We understand that all our patients have different needs, which is why we’ve made it our mission to deliver a wide variety of orthodontic treatments. We not only offer many different types of braces, but we’re also proud to offer the alternative to braces, Invisalign.
What Is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a revolutionary new approach to straightening teeth. Instead of the wires and brackets of traditional braces, this orthodontic treatment method uses clear, plastic aligners. These aligners are removable, though they’re meant to be worn for at least 22 hours a day in order to properly shift a patient’s teeth into their intended position.
We’d also like to mention that we’re top 1% Invisalign providers, which means that our doctors are among the most experienced and proficient practitioners in the entire country. We’re recognized by Invisalign as a trusted source of treatment and knowledge.
How Does the Invisalign Process Work?
Invisalign will gradually shift a patient’s teeth through the following process:
- First, a patient will have to come in so we can determine if he or she is an appropriate candidate for Invisalign. Invisalign may not be suited for everyone and it isn’t intended for children. However, we do offer Invisalign Teen for our younger patients.
- If a patient is suitable for Invisalign, we will then take x-rays, pictures, and impressions of the patient’s teeth so that we can create 3-D images of them.
- Invisalign will use advanced computer technology to translate these images into a series of 12 to 48 aligners that are fitted specifically for the patient.
- The patient will wear each set of aligners in their designated order for two weeks at a time. When the last set of aligners is worn, the process will be complete and the patient’s teeth will have shifted into their intended position.
What Are the Advantages of Invisalign?
Some of the advantages of Invisalign include, but aren’t limited to, the following:
- Invisalign’s aligners are transparent, making this a much more discreet treatment process.
- The aligners are removable, meaning that you can brush and floss your teeth without worrying about having to clean around the wires of your braces.
- Since Invisalign is removable, you can also eat whatever you want.
- Invisalign contains no metal; this makes it more comfortable to wear than traditional braces.
- You’ll spend less time in our office getting adjustments.
Invisalign Cleaning Tips and Maintenance
Additional Invisalign Information
Invisalign treatment is not limited to just adults. We also offer Invisalign Teen for those younger adults that are interested in a clear alternative to braces. Your local Topeka and Lawrence orthodontists are dedicated to ensuring that you are well-acquainted with the processes and procedures of Invisalign treatment, which is why we provide patients or interested readers with a summary of commonly asked questions about Invisalign. If you are interested in further information about Invisalign, please feel free to visit our Invisalign FAQ or Invisalign Teen pages.
Find Out If You Are A Candidate For The Invisalign System
If you’re in or around the areas of Topeka or Lawrence, KS and you may be interested in seeing if you’re a potential candidate for Invisalign, we encourage you to schedule an appointment with us by filling out our appointment request form. Alternatively, you can give us a call at (785) 272-3722 for our Topeka office or (785) 843-3183 for our Lawrence office. If you have any additional questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We can’t wait to help put you on the path toward a straighter smile!